By my order, this week is decreed The Week of Blog Tags, in which I shall gift you with a blog tag each day (in an attempt to finish all the ones I have been tagged for). Therefore, I shall not tag anyone, else there be a multitude of tags. If you wish to be tagged, you are! Thus ends the decree.
Sorry for not posting yesterday, or the day before! My sincere apologies. Also, this is the last blog tag I could find that I was actually tagged for personally, but I swear there was at least another one. So if you remember tagging me for something and I haven’t done it yet, please let me know!
Anyhow, I’ve seen this tag around a lot and was quite pleased to be tagged for it by Kellyn Roth @ Reveries. Thank you!
- Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 bloggers that have less than 200 followers who you think deserve this award.
- Let the bloggers know you have nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
- When did you start blogging? Why?
I started blogging around last December, mainly because a few of my NaNo friends had blogs and I thought it would be fun. One thing led to another and here I am now!
- What were/are your original blogging goals?
My original blogging goals were mainly just to keep this blog going and not stop, and just have people read it. So, so far I’ve achieved them, haha!
- Are you a fan of potato chips?
Ooh, yes. I probably shouldn’t be, but they’re so good… I especially love barbecue potato chips.
- Do you enjoy singing? Are you a good singer (by your own estimate)?
I love singing, and I’m in choir at my school. Music is a big part of my life and though I haven’t posted about it recently, I do have a few posts. My singing and music is one of the reasons why this blog is called The Music of Words. I’m a decent singer, but I’m not very good at soloing and there’s always room for improvement. I’m taking voice lessons this summer, though, so hopefully I’ll be improving!
- Do you ever sew? Knit? Crochet? Enjoy any of those activities?
I’ve sewn quite a bit since my mom loves to quilt, and I’m working on a quilt right now (though I’ve been procrastinating a bit… *coughs*). I’ve tried knitting once but have never done anything with it since. But I love to crochet, and I usually crochet all of my friends’ birthday presents, which is fun. I love being able to create adorable things, and also customize the patterns to make them specific to my friends and what would make them the most happy.
- Does it snow a lot where you live? Do you enjoy it?
Yep, during the winter! I enjoy it for the length of December (and it had better snow on Christmas…or else) but afterward it just gets cold and I don’t enjoy it much. It’s super pretty though and I love looking at the intricate snowflakes if you can catch them just right.
- Does your laptop run out of batteries easily?
Ehh…not really. It takes several hours, at least, but I never really pay attention since I’m almost always sitting next to a place where I can plug it in.
- If you could time travel, where would you go?
Ooh, fun one. I usually say back to around 30 A.D. so that I could meet Jesus Christ in person… It would be fun to go back to lots of different times though, and I would love to see what life is like.
- What’s the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
Say a prayer and read my scriptures.
- What’s the last thing you do before you go to bed at night?
Check my email and turn on Pandora so I can listen to music while I fall asleep. 🙂
- What’s your least favorite color? Why?
Hmm…as a color, I don’t really like black. It looks good if you pair it with other stuff, but just on its own it’s not very exciting.
11 Facts About Me:
- Along with crocheting my friends’ birthday presents, I also write them cheesy poems that generally flow really badly but are fun.
- I don’t like wearing shoes and would prefer to wear none at all–or flip flops if at all necessary.
- I like mechanical pencils better for all purposes than ones you have to sharpen.
- I know a little bit of Spanish (but only a little bit).
- I love to eat bread (though with plain white bread, it has to be homemade). If you give me a loaf of sourdough bread, a book, a notebook, and some orange juice, I will be totally satisfied.
- I also love Thai food, and curry is amazing. If you’ve never had it, you should.
- I have never had braces and will probably never need to. (I have had retainers, though.)
- I’m the middle child in my family.
- I love to learn about cultures and religion and would happily talk to anyone about their religion. I just think it is so fascinating to learn about.
- I’ve actually filled up an entire notebook with stuff (two, actually). I was so proud of myself…but I have about 30 other notebooks full of halfway-filled randomness. 😉
- I’m in the color guard of my high school marching band.
Ha, I don’t have to think of eleven people to tag, because it’s the Week of Blog Tags! If you want to do this tag, you can! Remember, the only stipulation (what a fun word) is that you have to have less than 200 followers.
- How long have you been blogging for?
- What do you think is your greatest blogging achievement?
- What do you want to be when you grow up? Or, if you are grown up, what are you?
- Who is your favorite book character and why?
- What is the funniest tradition you or your family has?
- Are you going to be celebrating the 4th of July? What will you be doing?
- What book or movie has made you sob?
- What is the best chocolate you have ever had?
- What is your favorite fruit?
- Do you think you would ever switch to using the Dvorak keyboard? Why or why not?
- What is the worst picture you have ever drawn? (Pictures are appreciated! 😀 )
P.S. Guess who remembered…today…that Camp NaNoWriMo started…today? *points at self* How many of you are doing Camp NaNo? What is your project about, and how far are you into it by now? I want to hear about it!